We may revise this agreement at any time by posting an update to the site. Your continued use of our site after a posted change means that you agree to be bound by the changes. It also means to check this page regularly.
Acceptance of this agreementYou affirm that you are at least the age of majority where you reside, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these terms of service. You also affirm that you are able to abide by and comply with this agreement.
Our site is not intended for individuals under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use the site. Under special circumstances, in particular if a parent, a supervisor or a legal tutor will be phisically present during the event or, in case of remote attendace during the final part where attendees have to be on site, we do accept registrations from users under the age of 18. In this case please contact the organiser directly or send an email to email@example.com.
Username, email and passwordTo access certain restricted areas of the site you will be required to sign up for an account. You agree that the confidentiality of your username, email and password are your responsibility. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your username, email and password and to notify us immediately if you believe there has been any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate accounts, and to reclaim or re-assign usernames without any liability to you. Usernames are displayed publicly on our site. You agree not to create a username that is obscene or offensive to others, or impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames associated with accounts that are inactive for more than six months. We may also reclaim usernames on behalf of organizations or individuals, if they hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
ResponsibilityAll users agree to use and publish content on the site in a manner that:
- is not harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, derogatory, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, harmful to minors in any way, and hateful toward an individual or group of individuals based on religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, and disability;
- does not depict hatred, incite violence or is likely to incite violence, contain excessive vulgar or obscene language or excessive violence, contain pornography, obscenity or sexual activity;
- does not violate any law or regulation, including federal, state, or local laws;
- does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright and other proprietary rights of any party, or violate any contractual or fiduciary obligation;
- does not impersonate any person or entity;
- does not constitute or contain any kind of unsolicited commercial advertising or spam; or any other form of excessive, repetitive, and/or unsolicited messages to other users;
- content published does not contain malware such as software viruses, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- does not disclose personal information about another person such as their email address, phone number, mailing address or any other personal and sensible information;
- does not disrupt the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive amount of content to the site, and does not negatively affect other users’ ability to use the site;
- does not constitute excessive use of site features, inconsistent with the intent and purpose of the site, and/or placing an undue burden on the services;
- does not disparage another person or contain a content or constitutes an action, which in the sole judgment of the organisers, is inappropriate or inconsistent with the purpose of the site.
We do not and can not review all content or other communications and materials posted to or created by users accessing the site, and we are not in any manner responsible for the content of these communications and materials. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute user generated content and other communications and materials on the site, we are merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and we are not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any contents or activities on the site.
However, we reserve the right to block or remove communications or materials that we determine to be in violation of the code of conduct.
You are solely responsible for any content contributed by you. Content submitted will not be treated as confidential. We reserve the right to edit or delete any user generated content without notice, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion.
Violation may result in the removal of some or all of your content, disqualification from an event, removal or reversal of some or all of your displayed actions taken on the site and/or termination of your account at our sole discretion (where applicable).
You acknowledge that we shall have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any content that is submitted to the site. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
RegistrationYou must first create an account and register on the site to be able to attend an event. You need to follow all instructions stated on the site in order to register.
Attending an eventOfficial rules are the responsibility of the organiser. In case of inconsistencies between the terms of this agreement and the rules related to an event, the former will prevail, but only for that event.
By registering and attending an event you consent to the use of personal information about you, if you are a winner, by the organiser, sponsors, partners and third parties acting on their behalf. Such personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, image (photo or video), voice, opinions, comments and hometown and country of residence. It may be used in any existing or newly created media, worldwide without further payment or consideration or right of review, unless prohibited by law. Authorized use includes advertising and promotional purposes. The duration of your consent is for a period of three years following the conclusion of the event. This consent applies, as applicable, to all members of a team or organization which participated in the winning submission/presentation.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify an event, or any part of it, in case of a technical failure, fraud, or any other factor or event that was not anticipated or is not within our control.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to disqualify any attendee we find to be:
- actually, or presenting the appearance of, tampering with the entry process or the operation of an event;
- acting in violation of this agreement or event rules, or in a manner that is inappropriate, unfair, and/or not in the best interests of the event;
- or violating any applicable law or regulation.
The terms and conditions and also the rules may change at any time, including the rights or obligations of the involved parts. The organiser will post the terms and conditions of the amended rules on the site.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, any amendment will become effective at the time specified in the posting or, if no time is specified, the time of posting.
If at any time prior to an event deadline, a user believes that any rule is or may be unclear or ambiguous, he must submit a written request for clarification to the organiser or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules remain valid in their fullest extent permitted by law. Illegal or unenforceable rule shall be replaced by a valid and enforceable rule that comes closest and best reflects the organiser’s intention in a legal and enforceable manner.
DisputesYou agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with an event, including the administration of the event, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of legal action against the organisers;
- any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with an event shall be resolved exclusively by the courts with jurisdiction at the organiser’s location, indicated in the rules, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts; and
- under no circumstances will you be entitled to, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
You release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the organisers and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting an event on the site, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents, representatives affiliates, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, expenses, and liabilities (including without limitation reasonable fees and costs for attorneys and investigations), arising out of, based on, or in connection with:
- your access to or other use of our site;
- a dispute with another user;
- your breach of these terms of service;
- your violation of any law or the rights of any third party, including intellectual property rights;
- your user generated content;
- negligence and damages of any kind to individuals and property; and
- defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to your entry, attendance to an event, acceptance or use or misuse of a prize awarded at an event (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, transmission, performance, exploitation or use of software as authorized or licensed by this agreement and the rules of an event you are entering.
- any incorrect or inaccurate information or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized at an event;
- technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, internet connectivity or electronic transmission errors, or network hardware or software or failure of the site or at an event;
- unauthorized human intervention during the event;
- technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the event
- any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation at the event or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
DamagesUnder no circumstances we will be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with use of the site or service whether or not you have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Under no circumstances we shall be liable to you for any amount for services rendered pursuant to these terms of service.
LiabilityTo the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release, and waive all claims against us and our team members, partners, employees and agents from any and all liability for claims, damages (actual and consequential), costs and expenses (including litigation costs and attorneys’ fees) of every kind and nature, arising out of or in any way connected with use of the site.
RefundsThere will be no refunds of any sort after you have purchased your ticket (as it happens for concert tickets). You might give your ticket to someone else, but this individual has to inform the organisation immediately and provide the necessary information to proceed with a new registration, if applicable, or ticket assignment.
Prizes, awards, mentionsUnder no circumstances we will accept claims of any form and type against the assignment of prizes, awards or mentions. Prizes, awards and mentions are assigned in sole discretion of the organisers, when in mutual agreement with the sponsors or the partners. We will not follow up and we will not be considered liable for any kind of claim, action, related costs and expenses of any kind and nature referred to, or directly involving, prizes, awards or mentions.
For more information contact us: email@example.com